Database results as form confirmation

M

Maureen

I have a form submit to an access database - this works fine

As the confirmation page of the form - I created a database results page, saved it as .asp, and set the original form page to go to this page as it's confirmation

When testing, it does go to the confirmation.asp page I created but only for a fraction of a second....then I get "page can't be displayed" error.

I've republished - I've done the updates live on the server - nothing seems to correct this problem. How can I get the confirmation.asp page to stay displayed????

M

MD Websunlimited

Hi Maureen,

This is not possible as FP expects to process the page looking for confirmation webbot components.

As a work around have the confirmation page redirect to the ASP page using a meta refresh tag.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunlimited.com
J-Bots Plus 2002 87 components for FrontPage
http://www.websunlimited.com/order/Product/JBP2002/jbp_help_dir.htm
FrontPage Add-ins Since '97 2003 / 2002 / 2000 Compatible

Maureen said:
I have a form submit to an access database - this works fine.

As the confirmation page of the form - I created a database results page, saved it as .asp, and set the original form page to go
to this page as it's confirmation.
When testing, it does go to the confirmation.asp page I created but only for a fraction of a second....then I get "page can't be displayed" error.

I've republished - I've done the updates live on the server - nothing seems to correct this problem. How can I get the
confirmation.asp page to stay displayed????

M

Maureen

Thanks -

I don't understand what you are suggesting I do - I don't know what a meta refresh tag is. Can you provide me with some specific instructions - or refer me to where I might find this instruction? Or....Perhaps there is a better approach. Here's my situation

I need to have the form submit to an access database (got this working) AND produce a confirmation page showing all that was submitted PLUS some additional/other text. The user will need to print this confirmation page out. Currently, I have a query in the database that returns the last record only - I created a database results region, on a .asp page, which calls up the results of this query - I also added the additional text on the page necessary. As you know, the confirmation page is not working for me in this scenario (it only displays for a fraction of a second and then produces an error page)

I can have the form submit to a text file if that helps produce an answer for me

Ask a Question