Default layout for Insert new slide?

L

lrivers

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I've set up a pretty basic theme/template combination with a single Master layout and then a set of pretty standard layouts based on the standard default layouts. When I add a new slide, it always uses the Two Content layout and not the Title and Content layout. Is there somewhere I can set which layout New slide uses?

J

Jeff_Chapman

It appears that slide layouts follow the layout of the currently selected/displayed slide. So if you are using the two-column layout, the next slide you insert will follow that layout, from the looks of it.

To change the slide layout, select the Slide Layouts tab near the top of the screen and open the pane if it isn't already by clicking again on the tab. Click on the layout you want - it will be applied to any slides you have selected. All new slides inserted following that one will follow the same layout.

Jeff

L

lrivers

Jeff,

Thanks for your response, but I don't think that's it. I tried several different ways of inserting a slide, setting a slides layout, selecting a slide before inserting a new one and I don't see any logic to it. Apparently in the Windows version there' s notion of "pinning" a layout, but I don't see that in PP08. Hind tit again, I guess.

R

Rehan Khan

Jeff,

Thanks for your response, but I don't think that's it. I tried several different ways of inserting a slide, setting a slides layout, selecting a slide before inserting a new one and I don't see any logic to it. Apparently in the Windows version there' s notion of "pinning" a layout, but I don't see that in PP08. Hind tit again, I guess.

It seems like my earlier reply was not posted. Trying again.
I believe if you move the desired layout for example: "Title Slide
with 2 pictures" below the "Title Slide" - 2nd layout position under
Slide Master.
Close Master.
Now, the new slides will use the "Title Slide with2 pictures" layout

R

Ask a Question