default settings only allow 2 columns andabout 8 rows to fit on a page

J

jbhelp

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

I think one of my children changed the default settings in excel so that only 2 columns and 8 rows fit on a page. I think i can fix it by going to file/pagesetup/options/scale... scale default is set to 316%, when i change to 100% it seems to appear normal. how do i change the default back to 100%. thank you.

C

CyberTaz

After you change the scaling back to 100%, save the file.

If that doesn't resolve it you'll need to be a bit more detailed as to
exactly what you're dealing with & what is happening contrary to what you
expect. The "default" for scaling is 100% until you change it in any given
file. It then stays as saved until changed & saved again in that file.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

J

jbhelp

Hi Bob,
Thank you so much for answering me. Unfortunately it is not working. Basically my excel seems to have been reset to default to scaling 316%. Basically if you go to file/pagesetup it says scaling is 100%. However, when you click on options button it says scale 316%. If I change a sheet to 100% and save the file, the next time I open the file it seems to reset at 316%. Additionally, when I start a new file I have the same problem. My excel used to work, so someone or somehow the default settings must have changed. Please help if you can. Thanks again.

Jodi

J

jbhelp

Hi Bob,
Thank you so much for answering me. Unfortunately it is not working. Basically my excel seems to have been reset to default to scaling 316%. Basically if you go to file/pagesetup it says scaling is 100%. However, when you click on options button it says scale 316%. If I change a sheet to 100% and save the file, the next time I open the file it seems to reset at 316%. Additionally, when I start a new file I have the same problem. My excel used to work, so someone or somehow the default settings must have changed. Please help if you can. Thanks again.

Jodi

Ask a Question