Defined names disappearing

R

rafaelperrone

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm having a really weird problem with Defined Names in mac Excel 2008.

I created this financial control workbook using Windows Office 2007 and I used a conditional data validation to select spending categories. To accomplish this, I had to define several names.

When I open this workbook in my MBP it looks fine and works fine, even the conditional data validation. The problem is when Insert a new worksheet or copy an existing one all my defined names simply disappear! And I have to close the workbook (without saving, of course) to get them back.

Have any of you experienced it? Can you try to see if it happens to you? Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks!

Rafael

R

rafaelperrone

Apparently I could fix it. I noted my Office was still on version 12.0.0 and I made all updates to version 12.1.2. After that my defined names don't disappear anymore after copying a new worksheet.

So, it looks like this was a bug that was fixed before. Does anyone know where I can find the changelogs of all updates untll now so that I can confirm this? I could only find the changelog of version 12.1.3.

Thanks.

Rafael

P

Pat McMillan

We don't publish comprehensive change logs for our updates, but we have made
some fixes in this area since 12.0.0, so I think it's likely that those
changes are what fixed this for you.

Thanks,

Pat

Ask a Question