Delete leader lines in one level of Table of Contents

D

denilynn

I have leader lines showing up in one level of my Table of Contents. How can
I get rid of the lines?

B

Bec Walter

I am having the same problem with my table of contents editing. I have deleted the leader lines umpteen times, both in the main table of contents editing page, and then in the modify section of TOC 1, TOC 2 etc all the way to TOC 9 (in both the paragraph>tabs section and the tabs section). Then I change it again in the main table of contents editing page (because it keeps changing itself back) before pressing ok. I "ok" the do you want to replace the selected table of contents. But alas, the leader lines are still there! (for heading 1 only).

I'm going crazy, please help! It seems like a clitch...

Rebecca

S

Stefan Blom

Clear any leaders specified in the TOC 1, TOC 2, ..., TOC 9 styles. And, when creating a table of contents, set the "Tab leader" option to "(none)." However, note that you *cannot* change the default settings in the table of contents dialog box; each time you create a new TOC you will be offered a tab leader.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bec Walter" wrote in message
I am having the same problem with my table of contents editing. I have deleted the leader lines umpteen times, both in the main table of contents editing page, and then in the modify section of TOC 1, TOC 2 etc all the way to TOC 9 (in both the paragraph>tabs section and the tabs section). Then I change it again in the main table of contents editing page (because it keeps changing itself back) before pressing ok. I "ok" the do you want to replace the selected table of contents. But alas, the leader lines are still there! (for heading 1 only).

I'm going crazy, please help! It seems like a clitch...

Rebecca

Ask a Question