delete old email addresses from auto complete

W

wavewriter

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop When I type in an email address into the to line, Entourage automatically fills in, which is convenient--except when it's with an old outdated email address.

Even when I go to my address book and delete an old email address and replace it with a new one, the old one stays stuck in the autocomplete feature.

How do I get rid of old email addresses that are lodged in the auto complete memory?

D

Diane Ross

How do I get rid of old email addresses that are lodged in the auto complete
memory?

To clear a single address, add it exactly like the one that is remembered to
your address book and mark it as Junk (or assign category Junk). You can just
delete the address, but if you receive it again it will just be added back.
Marking as junk will permanently remove it from the AutoComplete list.

More info on Most Recently Used:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/glossary/mru.html>

W

wavewriter

Thanks for your help Diane.
It took me a while to figure out how to mark the bad email as junk because I could not find the option. (The junk button is on my toolbar in the email view but not in the mail view.) I did finally figure out how to assign category Junk.

Just in case there is someone else who comes looking for this answer and has trouble, too--here's how: Just click on Categories in the address book toolbar, and you'll find the option to assign categories.

Ask a Question