Deleted Junk Mail Disappears - Not in Deleted Items Folder

M

Miscellaneous

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have protection set to Exclusive, so that only mail from the contacts in my address book go to the Inbox - all others go to Junk Mail. This works fine for me, but since I upgraded from Office 2004 to Office 2008 (student edition), my deleted junk messages disappear. Formerly, they went to the Deleted Items Folder so that I could retrieve them if I wanted to before I emptied the trash. Even changing the status to "not junk" and assigning a category other than "junk" does not make a difference. Why do these messages disappear, and is there a way to prevent this?

D

Diane Ross

I have protection set to Exclusive, so that only mail from the contacts
in my address book go to the Inbox - all others go to Junk Mail. This
works fine for me, but since I upgraded from Office 2004 to Office 2008
(student edition), my deleted junk messages disappear. Formerly, they
went to the Deleted Items Folder so that I could retrieve them if I
wanted to before I emptied the trash. Even changing the status to "not
junk" and assigning a category other than "junk" does not make a
difference. Why do these messages disappear, and is there a way to
prevent this?

This is the Entourage 2008 behavior to nuke a spam message when
deleting. there is a script that will soft delete that will give you
back the 04 move to Deleted Items folder.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/scripts/Soft_Delete_Junk_Mail .zip>

http://bit.ly/cEWFLH

M

Miscellaneous

Thank you.

So, to delete Junk Mail from now on, I need to select &quot;Soft Delete Junk Mail&quot; from the Entourage Script Menu instead of simply clicking the &quot;Delete&quot; icon . . . right? Or, did I not install it correctly? Never have worked with scripts before.

M

Miscellaneous

To clarify my previous post, I meant that I should use &quot;Soft Delete Junk Mail&quot; for selected messages. Those that are obviously spam, I would delete them as usual.

L

lim keow hong

Hi, i have a junk mail problem too. i accidently select my deleted sent mail which i would like to retrieve them in Deleted Item Folder become a junk mail. I manage to see the mail in Junk folder, then i change the mail to "not junk" which i thought i could get it back either in deleted item or sent folder. But, the mail was disappear. Is the mail deleted or ? can i retrieve them back ?

Ask a Question