Deleting files from the deleted folder hangs Entourage...

M

Michael_Mizen

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have sent about a dozen emails with attachments several months ago.
In the interim I have deleted these attachments from my laptop.

The email still references the attachment but they no longer exist. These emails are siting in the deleted items folder.

When I elect to "delete" the items in the Delete folder Entourage hangs. I need a Force Quit/Restart to get things back.

Not sure what to do next.
Thanks

M

Michael_Mizen

Additional information...
Did a few more tests and I think what is happening is the following.
Emails with attachments that were read from within Entourage (Word documents) but not saved locally and the attachments exist-can delete.

Emails with attachments and the attachments were intentionally removed within Entourage-hangs. These were not saved locally.

Emails with attachments that were saved locally but deleted locally-not within Entourage-hangs.

My issue is old emails with attachments-no longer present or deleted intentionally outside of Entourage.

Ask a Question