Destination selection message

S

Scroopy

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I am having trouble installing Office 2008 update 12.1.7 as it says;

"! You cannot install Office 2008 update 12.1.7 Update on this volume (being the Mac HD). A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

and the only option is to cancel the update. Is there anything I am doing wrong or anything I can try to make the update run?

S

Scroopy

Hi Bob,

Many thanks but the only thing I found that could seem to prevent the update from running was the product key which was the same PK as the office for mac version on my macbook pro.

This was because I recently purchased an imac and used the mac utility to copy files and programmes across to the imac. I didnt know how to put in a new product key until going to the site you suggested so that has now been updated.

But the update still wont go through.

I have made sure that there is no application running when i run the update, even after restarting.

The office folder has not been moved, renamed or modified in any way and I cant see any other possible cause listed on this site.

Would you have any further suggestions?

br
Michael

Ask a Question