Did not Install Correct To fix this problemyou must reinstall Office

D

davedahl

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Have been running Office 2008 for H/S since April. I have (had) a copy of Entourage from my exchange provider. After Snow Leopard upgrade I had to re download and reinstall the Entourage. I DL'd from my exchange providers website. After using Entourage for about an hour I got an error:

"Microsoft Office did not install correctly. To fix this problem you must follow specific steps to remove and then reinstall Office".

So I uninstalled Office, since my copy was a downloaded copy I didnt have a dissk. I logged back onto Mactopia, where I bought it, to re-download. Only to discover I cannot re-download unless I purchased "Extended Download Service. Which I didnt. The website also suggested that if I wanted to download now, and didnt purchase the EDS I could purchase the EDS now, when I logged onto my order history. But when I view my order history it gives me no options to re-download, or to purchase the extended DL service.

In the meantime I tried to download a trial version of Office 2008. And received the same error about uninstalling and reinstalling. So what is causing this? And how do I get to re-download the software I just bought 5 months ago? I emailed Mactopia, or the I guess broker for Mactopia two days ago about the DL and no reply. Any other suggestions?

D

Diane Ross

And how do I get to re-download the software I just bought 5
months ago? I emailed Mactopia, or the I guess broker for Mactopia two days
ago about the DL and no reply. Any other suggestions?

If you contact me off list, I can forward your email address on to some
folks at Mactopia.

dianeross at mvps dot org <-- fix before replying.

Prefix your subject with: newsgroup response

D

Diane Ross

I asked them to contact me off list and have not heard back. My contact at
Microsoft is waiting for their email to help them resolve the issue.

D

davedahl

Sorry for slow reply. I did hear back from someone this morning and they provided me a link to a new download. I loaded the software without Entourage and it seems to be stable so far. Although after I installed, it provided an update, which DL'd and installed fine. After that another update was provided, when I clicked to download it flipped back to advise me of the same update w/o providing the download, over and over again. Until I just quit the updater and cursed at MS. Now that Mail app supports Exchange I wont need Entourage.

Ask a Question