Different designs for each slide/ preview

R

rachel

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Trying to figure out the new software, used to using 2004 or 2001 I think on the Mac for PPT. I can't figure out how to change only one slide design. Before I could right click on it and apply to selected slides in the slide sorter view and regular and note view, but no options come up when I right click on the designs. Also, when I left or right click on them, they change whatever slide is highlighted, but also all the new ones I've created that are blank or have a different design.

Also, previewing what it would look like when I pass the cursor over the icon would be rad, but that doesn't happen and I don't have a slide design section in my formatting palette box, it's pretty skimpy. I have the home/student version, but still....

I was using the 2007 PC trial version on my boss's laptop and it seemed more intuitive, it adopted all my mac slides and gave me more color options with them, and previewed different designs or color options as I passed my cursor over the choices. I want to love my Mac PPT again, please help.

I called support and used one of my two freebies on figuring out how to get the old slide designs into the new 08 version. I want to be able to ask endless questions, thank you for helping on this forum for free!

Rachel

I

Iggles14

Rachel -- I don't have the home version, but I'm guessing this should work ... there should be a bar between your slide and the gray bar across the top of the window that holds the icons for common commands. Look for the words "slide layout" on that bar, click it, and you should get what you want.

Ask a Question