Different paragraph settings for even and odd pages

Reaction score
Dear friends,

Working on a second edition of a book I have written and published, I sought to make the paragraph margins smaller. However, I need different settings for each page, since it is printed in a book format. The left-side pages need the margins to be smaller on the left, and the right-side pages require smaller margins on the right. The book is over 430 pages long. I was hoping there could be a solution for automatically deciding that even pages will certain paragraph settings, and uneven pages different settings. Otherwise, I would manually need to change the settings of each page in my book separately =\

Thanks a lot for the help!

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is waaaay too late, but just in case anyone else needs the info...you can set your book to print as a booklet. To do this in Word 2013:

1. On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, select Margins - Custom Margins (the last one). A Page Setup dialog box will appear.
  2. On the Margins tab, halfway down, click the drop down box next to 'Multiple Pages' and change it from 'Normal' to 'Book fold'. You will now notice the margins change from Left and Right to Inside and Outside. You can now set your Inside margins to be wider (because this is where it will be bound) and your Outside margins to be narrower (because this is the outer edge of your page).
I hope that helps someone!

Sally

Ask a Question