Difficulties with Hotmail via Entourage

U

urmynv

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hello,

For the last two days I have not been able to use my default account (Windows Live Hotmail) in Entourage because the inbox was dumping everything locally and then re-downloading the entire inbox again from the server, over and over again. Then yesterday it no longer connected to the server. I get a variety of server side errors.

I posted about it at the link below and it got buried. They suggested I post my issue here instead.

<http://windowslivehelp.com/community/p/28216/114822.aspx>

I thought perhaps this problem was initially related to an article I read that said Hotmail was dropping WebDAV and moving everyone over to POP for free. But I had the same problem with POP access.

Besides the error I listed in the link above, I've also received the following errors:

"HTTP error. The server is temporarily unable to fulfill the request."

"Quit and restart Entourage. If this problem continues you might need to verify and rebuild the Entourage database."

I verified the database and it said it was fine. I rebuilt the database anyway, to see if that fixed it, but it did not.

Any help, suggestions, or insight would be greatly appreciated.

D

Diane Ross

Any help, suggestions, or insight would be greatly appreciated.

It simply could be your server that is having problems. They rarely admit it
when they cause problems. The change over could be part of the problems they
are having.

I set up Entourage using pop access to Windows Live Hotmail and had so many
server issues, I disabled the account. It was a test account so that wasn't
a problem.

Setup Windows Live Hotmail in Entourage as a POP account

<http://tinyurl.com/cr8u3c>

Personally, I like Gmail much more than Hotmail. You might want to try it
out.

Ask a Question