Downloaded Clip Art Inaccessible

• Thread starter Disgruntled_Mac_User
  • Start date
D

Disgruntled_Mac_User

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Hi, I wondered if anyone could tell me why all of a sudden when I download clip art from Microsoft.com I can't access the clip art I just downloaded? I used to be able to do this, and did it on a regular basis. Now all of a sudden, when I download clip art, I can't get it. Did something change? Am I doing something wrong? I follow the instructions on the website, but it doesn't seem to matter. My work is suffering as a result of being unable to get fresh new clip art for my presentations.
Thank you for your help.

C

CyberTaz

Well, it would be a bit easier to grasp the problem if you be more exact
about what is happening differently than what you expect. Vague references
such as "can't access" & "can't get it" really don't paint a very clear
picture of what is/isn't happening. Also, "used to be able to do this" When?
How? With which version of the program?

I understand that all this information seems obvious to you, but we know
nothing more about your situation than what you tell us, & it's hard to say
what you might be doing wrong if we don't even know what you're doing :)

I'm going out on a limb here, though, and guessing that you're using a
browser other than Safari -- perhaps Firefox? Or that you may be using an
older version of Safari. What's most likely happening is that the browser is
stripping the .cil extension from the download file. Edit the file name to
add the .cil then dbl-click the file & see if that puts the clip art into
the Gallery. If not please provide the information requested above as well
as specific update levels of Office & OS X.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

I

Iggles14

I download clipart from ClipArt.com on a regular basis. I put it all into a folder called "Clipart for Presentations." I've downloaded in PNG, JPEG, GIF, and other formats, then I simply "insert picture."

D

Disgruntled_Mac_User

To be more specific, I download the clip art, but then it is not anywhere in my Power Point clip art files. But your best guess was right. The clip art was downloaded without the cil extension when I used my Firefox browser. When I added the cil extension it imported to Power Point and I could use it. Clever you! I also tried using Safari (which I'm sorry to say I HATE because it won't fill the screen which irritates me to no end), but I guess it must be outdated? My computer is only a year and a half old, but in computer years, I guess it's middle aged! ;) Thanks for your help, I guess in my frustration I didn't make my problem very clear.

Ask a Question