Drag without incrementing

Discussion in 'Excel Beginners' started by trvlnmny@yahoo.com, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Guest

I have cells that contain the account id for the named provider on that row. The account ids are numeric but I have them formatted as Text.
    When I want to enter data for the same provider on a new row I elect the provider and id columns and drag them to the new row. The problem I am having is that the account id is incremented up by 1.
    How can I prevent this?
    Thanks for any and all help.

, Apr 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Claus Busch Guest

Hi,

Am Tue, 29 Apr 2014 03:11:25 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

> I have cells that contain the account id for the named provider on that row. The account ids are numeric but I have them formatted as Text.
    > When I want to enter data for the same provider on a new row I elect the provider and id columns and drag them to the new row. The problem I am having is that the account id is incremented up by 1.
    > How can I prevent this?

drag with pressed CTRL

Regards
    Claus B.
    --
    Vista Ultimate / Windows7
    Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Claus Busch, Apr 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Gord Dibben Guest

Right-click>drag>release and "copy cells"

Gord

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 03:11:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I have cells that contain the account id for the named provider on that row. The account ids are numeric but I have them formatted as Text.
    >When I want to enter data for the same provider on a new row I elect the provider and id columns and drag them to the new row. The problem I am having is that the account id is incremented up by 1.
    >How can I prevent this?
    >Thanks for any and all help.

Gord Dibben, Apr 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question