Duplicate Entries in Index (XE tag within and XE tag)

U

Uninvisible

I am creating an index of company names as cited in a large document (2,000pages) using a concordance file. In some instances one company name (Company A) is being treated as a substring of another company (Company B) whose name is built on the same text string as Company A. For example, I am looking to include in the index instances of "Global Company;" however, I am also interested in including instancs of "Global Company International." Since "Global Company" is a text string that is part of the "Global Company International" string, the concordance file is creating an XE tag for Global Company within the tag for Global COmpany International. Obviously I could only include "Global Company International" in the concordance file and manually tag instances of "Global Company" that do not appear within "Global COmpany International," but this would be terribly time consuming and inefficient. Is there a way to run two concordance files such that the second filedoes not create an XE tag within a pre-defined XE tag?

Ask a Question