Emails in folders that included slashes aremissing after 12.2.1 update

D

DaveinBurlingame

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Just noted an issue in Entourage 2008 (v. 12.2.1). A user had used multiple "/"'s in a folder name within Entourage and noticed that all the emails that were in the folder had disappeared about the time her machine was updated to 12.2.1 (we did the 12.2.0 and 12.2.1 at the same time). I attempted to rebuild her database, but that did not restore the missing emails.

I then restored her database from backup over a couple of different dates in a 10 day period and noticed that the folder was empty on all of the restored database copies (the Mac I used had already been updated to 12.2.1). She assured me that they were there a few days ago.

This lead me to believe that the issue was with Entourage, so I attempted to open one of the restored databases using 12.1.9 and all of the missing emails reappeared...

I then took her current Entourage database (I had changed the folder name to remove the slashes) and opened it in 12.1.9... All of the old (missing) emails appeared, but none of the newer ones were there (the new ones were filed under the folder named without slashes) AND even though I had changed the name of the folder, the old folder name with the slashes reappeared in Entourage under 12.1.9. I was able to export the missing emails from 12.1.9 and import them to the 12.2.1 machine.

I'm hoping that I don't have too many users that have used slashes in Entourage Folder names (this particular folder had 3 slashes as it was the name of one of her clients).

Ask a Question