Embedded Word doc jumps to top page

Reaction score
Hello,

I have embedded a Word document into my Excel workbook. It is multiple pages long. I had no issues with it on the day that I inserted it and typed it, however now, when I went back to add something in, the document jumps to the top page after EVERY edit. For example, I type a word in and a few seconds later the document jumps to the top of the first page. I insert a single letter - it does the same. It is after every single edit, no matter what that may be.

This is very frustrating having to constantly scroll back down the page every time I enter something new or change something I had.

Anyone else experience this or know the cause/solution?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Until someone responds with a direct solution to your problem, you may find this helpful. Scrolling down the page of a long document is a pain, but if you're always wanting to go all the way to the end (and it sounds like you are), press Ctrl-End.

Home key puts you at the beginning of the line the cursor is on.
End key puts you at the end of the line the cursor is on.
Ctrl-Home puts you at the beginning of the document.
Ctrl-End puts you at the end of the document.​

MAYBE it has something to do with whether you have your Excel calculations option set to Automatic or to Manual. Try setting it to Manual and see if that works.
Formulas ribbon ===> Calculation section ===> Calculation Options​

Ask a Question