.eml Attachments not Received

S

stovertl1

Recently, I have received several emails with .eml attachments. The attachments are visable and readable in my web-based mail account. They also download successfully into Outlook Express. However, if I forward them from Outlook Express to Outlook (or download them directly into Outlook from the web-server), the attachment is missing. If I forward the message from Outlook Express to other Outlook users, they don't receive the attachment either

I have experimented with both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 and the problem occurs in both

In every case, the emails originate from AOL users

If I save the .eml attachment to my hard drive and then create a new email in Outlook Express with the saved .eml file as an attachment, I still do not receive the attachment in Outlook. However, if I convert the saved .eml file to the .htm format, using Outlook Express, I can receive the converted .htm file as an attachment in Outlook

Why can't Outlook receive these .eml attachments? Is there a way to configure Outlook to receive these .eml attachments?

Ask a Question