emp CP tables in report builder


R

RBtech

HI,
I have recently set up a model through SQL Server Reporting Services
accepting all defaults. Currently I'm trying to use this model to create a
report for some custom enterprise fields we have added. For example, we
added a deliverable flag as an enterprise fields with a task category and I
would like to report on this flag using report builder. Here are my questions:

1. It appears that I'm able to access this field in the msp epm CP table,
but the names are CF Val 1-22. Is there a way to have these field reflect the
name we entered for the enterprise field (i.e. deliverable), or make them a
little more descriptive, so we can tell which field is which?

2. Also, in reporting on this new task field, when I select Epm Task as my
primary table, I'm not able to see the CP task table as a table related to
Emp task. How do I gain the relationship between the epm task and emp
cptask tables, so I can report on the deliverable flag as it relates to a
task in report builder. My goal is to create a list of the task for the
project off the task table and then indicate if each task is deliverable by
using the indicator in the CP task table.
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Rod Gill

The best way is to use the built in Views in the reporting db. All View
names ending with _username have all relevant custom fields automatically
appended to their end. So the Task_userview View will have your Task custom
field as one of its last columns. Remember data only gets to the reporting
db after projects are published.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com




RBtech said:
HI,
I have recently set up a model through SQL Server Reporting Services
accepting all defaults. Currently I'm trying to use this model to create
a
report for some custom enterprise fields we have added. For example, we
added a deliverable flag as an enterprise fields with a task category and
I
would like to report on this flag using report builder. Here are my
questions:

1. It appears that I'm able to access this field in the msp epm CP table,
but the names are CF Val 1-22. Is there a way to have these field reflect
the
name we entered for the enterprise field (i.e. deliverable), or make them
a
little more descriptive, so we can tell which field is which?

2. Also, in reporting on this new task field, when I select Epm Task as
my
primary table, I'm not able to see the CP task table as a table related to
Emp task. How do I gain the relationship between the epm task and emp
cptask tables, so I can report on the deliverable flag as it relates to a
task in report builder. My goal is to create a list of the task for the
project off the task table and then indicate if each task is deliverable
by
using the indicator in the CP task table.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
signature database 4784 (20100118) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4784 (20100118) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
 
R

RBtech

Thank you so much for your reply. I"m one step closer now. I am able to see
this view in the database, but how do I access this view in/from report
builder. It is not listed in my list of entities.
 
R

Rod Gill

If your report builder doesn't let you see Views, then it's could be a
security problem. A work around is to copy the SQL code from the View into
your report builder.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com




RBtech said:
Thank you so much for your reply. I"m one step closer now. I am able to
see
this view in the database, but how do I access this view in/from report
builder. It is not listed in my list of entities.



__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
signature database 4787 (20100119) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4787 (20100119) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
 
R

RBtech

Rod,
It seems to me base on what you said my model is the issue as when it is
created it doestn' contain the views and the tables, just the tables. The
model that is being created from SQL Server Reporting Services (accepting all
defaults) is not bringing in the views. When you create a model using SQL
Server Reporting Services should you get all tables and views? If so are you
saying the security issue would be with the person creating the model not
have the correct security? Are we creating the model in the correct tool or
should I be using BIDS? Can you please expand on the "correct" process to
create a model that contains the views and the tables and what software I
should be using?

Thank you for all your help!!! I'm so excited to be making progress finally.
 
R

RBtech

I'm sorry I wanted to as one more question. Below you made note that I could
copy the sql code from the view into report builder. I have been trying to
find in report builder where I can write the sql code. can you give me and
example or steps to find where the code goes please?
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Rod Gill

HI,

Unfortunately my report writer skills are at the "knows enough to be
dangerous" level! If you don't get any other answers from here, try a SQL
Server ng such as sqlserver.reportingsvcs

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com




RBtech said:
Rod,
It seems to me base on what you said my model is the issue as when it is
created it doestn' contain the views and the tables, just the tables. The
model that is being created from SQL Server Reporting Services (accepting
all
defaults) is not bringing in the views. When you create a model using SQL
Server Reporting Services should you get all tables and views? If so are
you
saying the security issue would be with the person creating the model not
have the correct security? Are we creating the model in the correct tool
or
should I be using BIDS? Can you please expand on the "correct" process to
create a model that contains the views and the tables and what software I
should be using?

Thank you for all your help!!! I'm so excited to be making progress
finally.







__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
signature database 4787 (20100119) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4787 (20100119) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top