empty email body

I

iohana

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi, I just got a new macbook with snowleopard and I am moving my office outlook info from my PC to the new mac using www.convertmyemail.com.
When moving the emails and then now when I am getting new emails I am facing a problem where SOME of my emails come through ok and some just show up blank.
I read the several posts here and tried several things suggested and still I am NOT showing the body in the emails. (the preferences/security/display complex html IS CHECKED)
I would very much appreciate help with this as I am very frustrated.
BTW, I am using latest version of entourage

D

Diane Ross

I

iohana

I am sorry for the late reply but I may have not made myself clear.
During the import I get empty emails but also since then some of the emails I am getting have a body in them and some dont.
I just don't see why some emails are empty and some are fine and btw I am also syncing this with my iphone and the iphone is pulling the data just fine.

PLEASE HELP :(

D

Diane Ross

I am sorry for the late reply but I may have not made myself clear.
During the import I get empty emails but also since then some of the
emails I am getting have a body in them and some dont.

What did the convertmymail folks say?

I

iohana

they didnt say anything. werent that helpful but I dont think this is an issue related to them whatsoever.
The same thing is happening on another computer that did not have any import.

D

Diane Ross

they didnt say anything. werent that helpful but I dont think this is an
issue related to them whatsoever.
The same thing is happening on another computer that did not have any
import.

Have you tried to import into Apple Mail to see if the problem exists
there? this might help determine if it's Entourage or the files.

What file type is convertmymail converting? Is it a .pst file?

Can you upload the files to an Exchange server on a PC?

Have you checked out other options on this page?

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html>

I

iohana

Diane, as I mentioned this problem is no longer related to the migration of data but rather to the way the data is being displayed or not.

I can see the email if I go and look at the email source code but entourage is not displaying the email in the body.
The problem is with existing daily emails that coming in and I can't see anything in them.

Thanks again

D

Diane Ross

I can see the email if I go and look at the email source code but
entourage is not displaying the email in the body.
The problem is with existing daily emails that coming in and I can't
see anything in them.

Contact me off list: dianeofor @ gmail dot com

L

lynda fowks

i saw your posting on the problem with some emails not displaying the body/text of the email and I have had the same thing. Did you ever resolve the problem? If so, please let me know how you did it! Thanks!

Ask a Question