entering whole numbers: formula bar

L

LAM

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After using this product for 2 years, all of a sudden I cannot enter whole numbers. The system automatically inserts 2 decimal places. Even when I format the cell for 0 decimal places, the whole number shows up as a fraction. eg if I enter 25 it shows as .25. It is set for currency, but I have tried accounting and number formats they all do the same thing. I am going out of my mind. I have to enter the number as 25. in order to get it correct.

Also, why doesn't the formula bar show up? I have to select it every time I go in and it just floats on the page. I can't seem to get it to stay up with the formatting line.

Please someone help me. I use this program constantly.

X

XinXin

Go to Excel -> Preference -> Edit, and make sure "Display this number of decimal places" is unchecked.

Thanks,
XinXin Liu
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

J

Jeanne Hedman

I am experiencing the same problem. Mine is not even for currency. I have format set as number, zero decimals. Every time I key any whole number it changes to 100ths. i.e, 1 = 0.01. I have had other people fix it on their macs, and it is fine, comes back to mine, and it is wrong again.

Ask a Question