Entourage 13.0 Beta upgrade

S

SP_Halloran

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange 1. Is it possible to update all but Entourage 2008 (which is 13 beta)?
2. Is it possible to update from Entourage 13 beta to 13.0.4 and carry all of my locally saved email (moved from Server) emails into the new identity / database? I can't risk loosing 12 Gb of emails!
My details below.
I have Office 2008 and moved to Entourage 13.0 Beta last year so that I could access the NHS Exchange Server for my mail and calendar. This has worked well but a'm getting lots of issues now with Word and Entourage and some months ago I downloaded the updates to Office 2008 and it whipped out my Entourage use and so I had to go back to the full original version of Office 2008.
Thanks for your help.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Is it possible to update all but Entourage 2008 (which is 13 beta)?

Not sure, but the updater itself might tell you it won’t install.
In any case, I know I would not stay in beta. I would uninstall
everything and reinstall clean (and then update all the way).
2. Is it possible to update from Entourage 13 beta to 13.0.4 and carry
all of my locally saved email (moved from Server) emails into the new
identity / database? I can't risk loosing 12 Gb of emails!

Uninstalling doesn't touch e-mails.
If you reinstall and update all the way and install the EWS version,
all the e-mails should be there.
If you're scared anyway, just make backups of all the e-mails (never a
bad thing, right? ;-) )

Corentin

S

SP_Halloran

Thanks for your advise Corentin. Having had a bad experience with upgrading Office and being left with a version of Entourage which would not load my old identity I'm rather nervous! You are probably right that I should upgrade to the latest version of Office 2008 and then upgrade Entourage up to 13.0.4

Cheers

S

SP_Halloran

Corentin. I have update office 2008 upto the latest version and without having to separately update the EWS it all worked and the Beta version was automatically updated to 13.0.4 and it works without reentry of settings or importing the old identity.
Thanks.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Corentin. I have update office 2008 upto the latest version and without
having to separately update the EWS it all worked and the Beta version
was automatically updated to 13.0.4 and it works without reentry of
settings or importing the old identity.

Wonderful!
I'm glad it all worked out :)

Corentin

Ask a Question