Entourage 2008 Fails to Import Entourage X Data

M

mcdeyoung

so - typical microsoft. so such thing as a quick fix. To anyone else having this problem, you're better off reinstalling office X, then importing that data into MacMail and be done with it. What a waste of time.

M

mcdeyoung

The best response is below:
loff13 is talking about importing the data file from Entourage X into Entourage 2008 which are both on his Mac computer. I bought a new Mac a couple of days ago and I had backed up my data on an external hard drive. After installing Entourage 2008 on my new machine I tried to import the data using the import feature. It says the the import finished but no data was transferred. I copied the Main Identity folder from X into 2008 but that did not work. The data base is not compatible. I tried a few other things but they did not work either. Exporting contacts will only export the Address Book but not your e-mail files. At this point, I am not sure the best way to proceed. I will try other options and see what happens. I can't believe MS did not try to do this first before putting this out.

So essentially what you should do is re-install office X entourage, then import your old data into MacMail and ditch entourage altogether.
wicked, thanks a bunch Microsoft.

D

Diane Ross

PeevedOfficeGuy said:
This is unacceptable. I am switching to Apple Mail, which imports nicely. I
want to pee on Bill Gates' carpet.

Thanks for sharing such a reasonable solution. However, I might suggest that
you try the new SP1 update.

Ask a Question