Entourage 2008 not deleting email from exchange 2007 server

A

Amore514

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a user who uses a MAC 90% of the time using Entourage 2008 to connect to a exchange 2007 server using HTTP access.
This user also has a IPHONE and a PC.
When the user deletes an email from Entourage 2008 the email is not deleted from the server so in turn the email is still on his IPHONE and his PC. If he deletes the email from the PC it will be removed from the IPHONE but not Entourage 2008 also when he deletes the email form the IPHONE it will be removed from the PC.
The problem is with Entourage 2008 why wont this client remove the email from the server.
What happens is he spends all day on Entourage 2008 reading, responding, deleting emails and when he look at his IPHONE he has all the days email shown as unread and same with the PC.
 The PC is using Outlook 2007 and is located at the office (same network at the exchange server) the IPHONE is using active sync, Entourage 2008 is using HTTPS access to the server (Not IMAP or POP) the exchange server is running on MS STD 2008 server with Exchange 2007 STD

Any help?

P

Pawan Kapoor

In this scenario I would create a new identity and see if that resolve the issue. I am expecting a database issue. By the way why don't you update to Entourage EWS, you guys are already on Exchange 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/itpros/entourage-ews.mspx
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a user who uses a MAC 90% of the time using Entourage 2008 to connect to a exchange 2007 server using HTTP access.
This user also has a IPHONE and a PC.
When the user deletes an email from Entourage 2008 the email is not deleted from the server so in turn the email is still on his IPHONE and his PC. If he deletes the email from the PC it will be removed from the IPHONE but not Entourage 2008 also when he deletes the email form the IPHONE it will be removed from the PC.
The problem is with Entourage 2008 why wont this client remove the email from the server.
What happens is he spends all day on Entourage 2008 reading, responding, deleting emails and when he look at his IPHONE he has all the days email shown as unread and same with the PC.
The PC is using Outlook 2007 and is located at the office (same network at the exchange server) the IPHONE is using active sync, Entourage 2008 is using HTTPS access to the server (Not IMAP or POP) the exchange server is running on MS STD 2008 server with Exchange 2007 STD

Any help?

A

Amore514

Thanks! the (Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition) fixed the problem!

Ask a Question