Entourage and Exchange 2007

C

canteenboy

Version: 2008 Email Client: Exchange Hi,

Just recently my company's Entourage clients having been not syncing the user's Inboxes. The Junk Mail folders and Inbox subfolders will sync and update. However, new mail does not show up at all. I have tried the Empty Cache feature and it does not do anything. The only way I can get new mail to show up is by logging into OWA and move older mail from the Inbox to a subfolder. Only then will new mail start to populate the Inbox. What can I try to get the Inbox to act normally again.

C

canteenboy

Seems like the fix was to run "sc stop fileinfo" from the command prompt on the Exchange server. All the folders are syncing up now.

C

csternberg

Seems like the fix was to run "sc stop fileinfo" from the command prompt on the Exchange server. All the folders are syncing up now.

I just wanted to post a message with the same problem when I saw this post. I have exactly the same problem with /one/ Mailbox. This particular user doesnt't get mails in his inbox, although they appear in OWA.

Unfortunately your solution doesn't work for me, there is no service "fileinfo" on the server.

Also clearing cache, that seems to work for most of those having this problem, does not work. After clearing cache and rebuild afterwards by entourage the missing mails show up, but subsequent new mail doesn't appear again.

Ask a Question