Entourage Assigning Default Categories toIncoming Email; Overriding Categories Selected forContacts

R

Ray_RES3

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Entourage is using one of my custom categories and assigning all incoming emails to this category, even when I have a different category selected for the contact that I am receiving emails from. When the Contact already has an assigned Category, Entourage will assign the email an additional Category (one of the custom categories I created) so that email now shows it has tow separate Categories checked. -- I always assigns the same Category.

How do I get Entourage to keep from assigning this one "default" Category to all of my incoming emails; even overriding the Category that has been saved for the Contact?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

D

Diane Ross

Entourage is using one of my custom categories and assigning all
incoming emails to this category,

You must have a rule that is moving the message. The most likely culprit
is the Mailing List Manager (MLM). It's very easy to set up a MLM rule
by accident, when you are marking a message as 'not junk'.

There are 3 different kind of rules in Entourage:

Mailing List Manager (MLM)
Junk Mail Filter
Rules (custom rules you create)

They run in the order listed above. The custom rules also run in the
order they are listed. (top runs first)

R

Ray_RES3

Thank you Diane. I found the Mailing List Manager and there was a rule checked there. I unchecked and deleted the rule. Hopefully that will take care of the issue. I appreciate your help.

Ray

D

Diane Ross

Thank you Diane. I found the Mailing List Manager and there was a rule
checked there. I unchecked and deleted the rule. Hopefully that will
take care of the issue. I appreciate your help.

This is one of the most common errors. Hope it solves your problem.

Ask a Question