Entourage Calendar Sync

M

Martin_Schor

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I just started working with syncing among my calendars in Entourage, iCal and MobileMe. In looking at the sync options I had seen one that allowed for erasing all existing calendar items and then replacing them with those on the calendar being synced to. Now I can't seem to locate the place where I saw that option. Can someone tell me how to get to it? thanks.

C

CBDC

I just started working with syncing among my calendars in Entourage, iCal and MobileMe. In looking at the sync options I had seen one that allowed for erasing all existing calendar items and then replacing them with those on the calendar being synced to. Now I can't seem to locate the place where I saw that option. Can someone tell me how to get to it? thanks.
2 PLACES:
1. MOBILE ME PREFEENCES > advanced options (button at the bottom right > reset sync data. It will ask you whether you want to replace all data on the computer with info from MM or the reverse.
2. ENTOURAGE PREFERNCES > sync services. Turn off syncing with iCal and Address Book, close Entourage preferences. Reopen them again - sync services - reactivate syncing with iCal and Address Book (I strongly suggest you do these one by one - it seems to work best) - Entourage will ask you whether you want to replace all the data on the computer by using that in iCal or Address Book or MM or the reverse or if you want to merge them. (I strongly suggest not merging them - you'll end up with a real mess.)

One other strong suggestion - BACK UP regularly. if Entourage is your main application, export calendar and contacts (file menu) regularly so just in case sync messes up, you have the data in another form.

Ask a Question