ENTOURAGE ERROR CODE -3122

R

rramsdell

Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop on december 3, 2009 i get this error code and message when i try to retrieve email:

The Domain Name Servers are not responding.

Error: -3211

am able to access internet, browsers, etc. but not my entourage email.

suggestions??

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

on december 3, 2009 i get this error code and message when i try to
retrieve email: <br><br>The Domain Name Servers are not responding.
<br><br>Error: -3211 <br><br><i>am able to access internet, browsers,
etc. but not my entourage</i> email. <br><br>suggestions??

Typically a DNS server issue:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error-3211

You can try the suggested workaround.
You might also consider using alternate DNS servers like OenDNS or the
brand new Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively).
I've been using OpenDNS for years and I have been extremely happy with
them.

Corentin

B

billth

I seem to have stumbled on to the solution. I turned off Norton Firewall Location Awareness, Connection Blocking and Application Blocking, but I left on the 3 Advanced Settings. When this was done Entourage works OK. I turned on the Firewall settings in the Security Preferencs.
The Security Preference Firewall was previously off and the Norton Firewall was on and my Entourage worked before AM 11/18/09. I see that Norton sent down a product update PM of 11/18/09. Could this update have caused a problem after my mac was restarted AM 11/18/09?
There has been a great deal of discussion about this problem on the Applediscussions user forum. If you are not a user I strongly recommend it. It is simple to join and there are a lot of Apple/Mac answers there.

Ask a Question