Entourage Hangs on Send/Receive Messages

W

winechick

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: pop

Hi,

I've got a MacBook running Leopard 10.5.5 and Entourage 12.1.2 and a POP email account. For the last couple of weeks, every time Entourage is in send/receive mode, I get the spinning wheel of death and everything freezes until the mail download in finished. I've already run software updates and compressed the database. Any suggestions?

W

winechick

It's 3.2GB. It's a family member's MacBook. I can't duplicate his problem on my MacBook Pro and my database is 2.9GB, but all runs fine for me. Any suggestions are appreciated - many thanks!

E

Ed Kimball

It's 3.2GB. It's a family member's MacBook. I can't duplicate his problem on
my MacBook Pro and my database is 2.9GB, but all runs fine for me. Any
suggestions are appreciated - many thanks!

There's a good chance there's a malformed or extremely large message being
sent to him. If he has web access to his e-mail account, he should try to
find the message there and delete it.

B

Barry Wainwright

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: pop

Hi,

I've got a MacBook running Leopard 10.5.5 and Entourage 12.1.2 and a POP email account. For the last couple of weeks, every time Entourage is in send/receive mode, I get the spinning wheel of death and everything freezes until the mail download in finished. I've already run software updates and compressed the database. Any suggestions?

are you running any applescripts in your incoming mail rules?
try diabling them and see if it helps

Ask a Question