Entourage no longer running schedule Send & Receive

S

S.R._Post

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I've recently (Feb/Mar 2008) encountered a new problem with Entourage in Office for Mac 2004. The Send & Receive schedule, which previously ran just fine, no longer does.

I can see the "Schedule 'Send & Receive' will run in 5 minutes" message in the lower right hand corner counting down the minutes, but after the time has passed, the message just reverts to counting down again without having actually connected to the POP account. Messages wait for me to manually/positively connect.

BTW - this problem seems to have appeared since I've started using a USB modem wireless broadband connection. Related?

thanks
S. R. Post
(e-mail address removed)

A

Adam Bailey

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I've recently (Feb/Mar 2008) encountered a new problem with Entourage in
Office for Mac 2004. The Send & Receive schedule, which previously ran
just fine, no longer does.

I can see the "Schedule 'Send & Receive' will run in 5 minutes" message in
the lower right hand corner counting down the minutes, but after the time
has passed, the message just reverts to counting down again without having
actually connected to the POP account. Messages wait for me to
manually/positively connect.

I'd double check the schedule to make sure it's actually configured
correctly with the POP account. Tools > Schedules > Send & Receive All. You
can also try creating a separate schedule for your POP account and using
that instead.

S

S.R._Post

Thanks for the suggestions; no change.

Is there ANY reason or advantage to reinstalling Entourage/Office 2004? Any other ideas?

S

S.R._Post

I have a working theory that the problem is caused when connecting using a wireless broadband connection.

When I was in my office yesterday, the send & receive schedule checked & received mail just fine when I was connected either by ethernet or by wifi (as it always had before), but when I connect by using a Novotel USB 727 modem to Verizon national wireless broadband, the problem persists.

Is it only a problem for Entourage on a Mac platform, or on PC's as well? Is it just in Office 2004, or does it also occur in Entourage for Office 2008? I'll post this on the forum and see if someone has a solution, or if Microsoft could develop a patch...

S.R. Post
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question