Entourage Receiving Blank Word Documents

C

chrisda

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Good afternoon.

We are experiencing a situation where one of our clients, is receiving word attachments that are blank in her Entourage 2008. When they are saved into my clients "Saved Attachments" areas of there Microsoft User Data folder, the word attachments are coming up as 0 kb in size, whereas other attachments are fine, such as pdfs.

If we look at the same email in Thunderbird (latest release) the attached word document is fine. If she forwards the email from her Entourage to my Entourage it is also blank and blank on my webmail.

Attached is the log details I retrieved from when she opens the attachment and it comes up blank.

27/11/08 11:27:36 AM [0x0-0x1a01a].com.microsoft.Entourage[229] Ignoring Quickdraw drawing between QDBeginCGContext and QDEndCGContext
27/11/08 11:27:38 AM [0x0-0x1a01a].com.microsoft.Entourage[229] Ignoring Quickdraw drawing between QDBeginCGContext and QDEndCGContext
27/11/08 11:27:39 AM [0x0-0x1a01a].com.microsoft.Entourage[229] Ignoring Quickdraw drawing between QDBeginCGContext and QDEndCGContext
27/11/08 2:20:56 PM [0x0-0x1a01a].com.microsoft.Entourage[229] Thu Nov 27 14:20:56 bullseye-air.al.com.au Microsoft Entourage[229] <Error>: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment\n

Any assistance would be of most help.

Cheers Chris.

B

Bras

Go to Tools - Accounts, double click the account, go to the options tab and
see if partially receive messages is turned on, if so turn it off.
Then for messages that are already received click on the link in te e-mail
to download complete attachment.
Hope this helps,
Bras

Ask a Question