Entourage sends wrong attachments to people

T

tomkav

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

I encountered an enormous problem today with Entourage. I want to know if you have heard of this happening before or if you may know the solution.

I sent out an email to 4 people with two attachments – attachments A and B. The email was stuck in the Outbox for a few minutes. I then sent another separate email to a 5th person with a separate attachment - C. The 4 people received the proper email text, 1 proper attachment –A and the 2nd attachment was C? The 5th person received her correct email text and attachment – C. Somehow attachment C replaced attachment B in the first email.

What happened here? Have you ever heard of this happening before? What do you think it may be?

If I go to my sent folder, it shows the correct attachments going with the correct emails.

K

Keysaw

What happened here? Have you ever heard of this happening before? What doyou think it may be?

Sounds like you may need to run a disk diagnostic (assuming it wasn't
user error).

BTW, Entourage does not like if you make changes to a document between
the time you attach it and the time it sends the email. You must
remove and reattach the document. I think it is keeping file handles/
aliases instead of file names/locations.

Keith

Ask a Question