Entourage suddenly not sending email

R

rgreeniwa

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

I can't send email using Entourage 2004, using either my POP accounts or my .Mac IMAP account. Apple mail sends fine, so it's not my connection or outgoing servers. Needless to say, the accounts are set up in the same way in Mail and Entourage, and I had been able to send previously.

The message I get is essentially: "The server timed out. Server may be down, overloaded, or ther may be too much net traffic." error - 111 (or it also gives error - 3257 sometimes).

Ideas?

R

rgreeniwa

Update. I changed the port on my POP account to 80 (the setting that works on my Mac Mail program) & it now works. Why it needs it now & not before, I've no clue.

However, my .Mac mail still doesn't work. The settings are exactly the same as what works in Mac Mail, but it still times out on the outgoing server.

I even deleted the original .mac account & re-entered everything. It downloaded all my email fine, but still won't send.

I'm about to ditch Entourage. This isn't worth the hassle...

Has ANYONE had this problem? I've found several threads that are about 5 months old, but there don't seem to be any actual resolutions.

Ask a Question