Entourage Web Services Edition: Exchangeserver keeps changing to internal name

J

jscrooby

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Hi
I can see this question has been asked here already: (http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Entourage/11303) but I am still struggling with this issue and haven't found the solution yet.

I have Entourage 2008 WSE looking at Exchange 2007 SP2. I set up the Exchange account as normal and Entourage uses the internal server name of my CAS server - this works fine.
In order that that the user can use Entourage from an external network, I change the name to the External FQDN of the CAS server (this name resolves to an internal IP when internal to my network so this works internally also). Once Entourage connects to the Exchange server however, it looks like Autodiscover changes the external name back to the internal name thus making the server unavailable from outside the network.

My Outlook 2007/2010 and Mac Mail clients all get the correct settings from Autodiscover. They get the internal settings for internal and they get the external server name for the external section. However, on Entourage 2008 WSE I don’t see separate places to configure internal and external server names. There is just one place to configure the exchange server name and this seems to keep changing to the internal server name and I cannot force it to be anything different.

Please help 

Thanks
John

Ask a Question