Entourage Won't Successfully Sync with iCal Since Snow Leopard Upgrade

• Thread starter biasedbeyondcutoff
  • Start date
B

biasedbeyondcutoff

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Prior to my upgrade to Snow Leopard the sync'ing process between Entourage 2004 / iCal / iPhone was seamless & worked wonderfully well. Since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, (Address Book / Contacts sync works OK but) every Calendar event from Entourage is placed in the Entourage calendar in iCal set 14 hours ahead of the original Entourage event time. My Mac & iCal are both set to Australian Eastern Standard time so does anyone know why this Calendar event sync has now stopped working?

Also, whenever I then delete the Entourage calendar in iCal all my Calendar events in Entourage get auto-deleted somehow (luckily I backup regularly) - why does this happen?

Appreciate any assist.

S

shellylegacy

I have a similar problem. I cannot get syncing to work at all. Entourage DELETES all my appointments because they are not in ICAL. I took my mac to the apple store and they determined it was a problem with Entourage and not iSync.

K

Kerry

I have a similar problem. I cannot get syncing to work at all.
Entourage DELETES all my appointments because they are not in ICAL. I
took my mac to the apple store and they determined it was a problem
with Entourage and not iSync.

There is a problem with Entourage and Sync Services that has been
extensively document in this forum since Ent came out in Jan of 2008.

Sync does not work the way it should. Fortunately there is a reliable
workaround. Just have one sync module enabled at any time for sync. In
my case, I have events set to sync most of the time. If I need to sync
contacts I turn off events and turn on contacts, let it sync and then
return it to events sync. if two modules are turned on at the same
time you will end up with very bizarre results.

Ask a Question