Entourage

B

BigDinVegas

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I receive a error message from Entourage stating that I am having a sync problem with I-cal every minute. Then it ask me to send an error report; which I do (have sent 50 or 60 of them). Then; 1 minute later; it pops up again. I went into Entourage preferences and un-checked all 3 of the "sync services" options. That appears to have stopped the error message pop ups for the time being. However; since I also have a I-POD; how can I correct this problem so that I-Cal, notes etc. will once again sync with Entourage on my Mac and allow me to also sync with my I-POD?

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

I receive a error message from Entourage stating that I am having a
sync problem with I-cal every minute. Then it ask me to send an error
report; which I do (have sent 50 or 60 of them). Then; 1 minute later;
it pops up again. I went into Entourage preferences and un-checked all
3 of the "sync services" options. That appears to have stopped the
error message pop ups for the time being. However; since I also have a
I-POD; how can I correct this problem so that I-Cal, notes etc. will
once again sync with Entourage on my Mac and allow me to also sync with
my I-POD?

Something in your data is making the process crash.
You can try rebuilding your database (old the Option key down as you
launch Entourage). Hopefully it will clear the issue.
Repairing the permissions through Disk Utility and then rebooting can't
hurt either.

Corentin

B

BigDinVegas

I have implemented your suggestion twice. The first time I "rebuilt my data base" and "repaired the permissions" and rebooted I still got a error message based as I describe above. After I did the same procedure a second time and rebooted; I haven't received any annoying error message. I have re-checked the sync services options within preferences for Entourage and I hope the problem stays away. May I mention that I never did anything unusual within Entourage or I Cal with calender items. I perceive Microsoft has a glitch in your software that causes the problem!

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

I perceive Microsoft has a glitch in your software that causes the problem!

It's not "my" software :)
This is a peer-support group and MS rarely posts here.
The glitch could very well be in Entourage, or in Sync Services (they
have their share of glitches) or it' just bad luck and the data got
corrupted.

Corentin

Ask a Question