Envelope return address to accept a logo/graphic ?

G

goughlaw

I am trying to create envelope with a return address that includes my logo. I
have tried cutting and pasting, but the return address window will not accept
a logo.
Is there a way of doing this?
Thanks,

J

Jay Freedman

Insert the logo in any document, select it, press Alt+F3 (or click Insert >
AutoText > AutoText), and name the AutoText entry with the special name
EnvelopeExtra1. If you need two items, the name EnvelopeExtra2 is also
available.

More elaborate layouts can be made as shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all
may benefit.

G

goughlaw

Jay Freedman said:
Insert the logo in any document, select it, press Alt+F3 (or click Insert >
AutoText > AutoText), and name the AutoText entry with the special name
EnvelopeExtra1. If you need two items, the name EnvelopeExtra2 is also
available.

More elaborate layouts can be made as shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all
may benefit.

thanks to Freedman. His suggestion worked and I have been able to put my logo into my return address using Word 2007's system for QuickParts, found under the Inserts tab. Merely selected the logo, clicked Alt then F3, labelled it Envelope Extra1 and it stores in Quick Parts. then to create the return address, went to mailings, envelope, merely typed the address, then clicked on "add to envelope" and then printed it. However, I could never get the text to align properly with the logo, even tho they appeared properly aligned when displayed under QuickParts. I ended up having to print several envelopes with the logo. then reprint them with the text, which after spoiling only a few envelopes I was able to learn exactly where to place the text so it would print in the right position. there is probably a way to create a Quick Part return address with logo and text properly aligned, but I could not find it.

Ask a Question