error message: microsoft exchange server is unavailable

G

gcrn15

I got a new Dell pocket PC and we had Microsoft XP on our new emachines computer that we got in Dec., but I had to install Microsoft 2000 with the CD that came with the pocket PC because I wanted to download my email from my hotmail account to my pocket PC and then respond to email on my pocket and then upload it into my hotmail acct. via Microsoft 2000, but it doesn't work. Everytime Microsoft 2000 comes up a get an error message of 'Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable" with three buttons as options that read "retry", which only brings up the same message repeatedly, or "work offline" or "cancel". I bought my new pocket PC soley to do email and word processing when away from home. I have a keyboard too. WP works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try? I'll have to mail this back to Dell in a few days if I can't get this to work. I called Dell one Sat. and spoke with 4 different support groups and got nowhere. I was on with them and fiddling with trying to work it out for 12 hours. I don't know what else to do. I am unknowledgeable about computers, so this doesn't help. I only to word processing, email, and surf the net. So consider me pretty computer illiterate and if you can help give me really explicit instructions please!

Ask a Question