Error message when sending mail

C

crittta

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Email Client: imap

I'm new to macs and don't really know what all is going on with my mail right now, so I will explain this the best I can... I have my mac mail routing through Entourage. For the most part, it works just fine. I can usually send and receive just like normal. Every once in a while (like several times a day actually) I will try to send an email and it will give me this error message:

5.7.1 You have exceeded your message sending limits. Try again later. [slot 2]

It doesn't even show up as sent in my sent mail folder. I've waited forever a few times trying to see if it will go out in the scheduled runs but nothing. At some point it always ends up going out, sometimes later that day, sometimes the next day.

I've also noticed that every 5 or 10 minutes a little box appears saying it is sending messages. Usually the same old messages over and over. Is this just a sync thing or is it really sending messages somewhere??? I can't figure that one out, though maybe it has nothing to do with this and is just a standard thing Entourage does?

I'm very frustrated with not having my mail be sent, so hopefully someone can help me. I should also mention that I only send a few emails a day, so I don't see how I can really be exceeding my sending limits (and why would there be sending limits anyhow??). Andy these emails are usually just a few lines of text so there is no way it is referring to the size of the email itself. Please help!

Thanks!

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

5.7.1 You have exceeded your message sending limits. Try again later.

This message is coming from your SMTP server (the server used to send
e-mail).
They apparently have some restriction of some sort. I fear you'll have
to see with your ISP/e-mail hosting company,

Corentin

Ask a Question