Error messages received when COM Add-in is load in Excel

J

Joseph White

I have a COM Add-in that I created with VB6 and when it is loaded on the target machine, I get two error messages every time Excel is opened. The first:

The title bar for both messages is "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU"

In the body: "The feature you are trying to to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package vs_setup.msi in the box below. "

Second message:

"Error 1706 the installation package for the product Microsoft Visual Studio Professional Edition - ENU cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package vs_setup.exe."

There are no other COM add-ins loaded or installed and my add-in doesn't reference any Visual Studio 2005 related files. The machine has Win 7 and Excel 2003 installed as well as VS 2005.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Simple .NET HEX PixelColor Utility
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f52bc1/simple-net-hex-pixelcolor-utility.aspx

Ask a Question