Error Terminates Sync

T

tbone2010

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi,

I am doing the initial sync with Entourage Web Services with my Exchange 2007 mailbox. I have several folders on the server that have a few thousand messages on them, so sync will take a long time. However, it seems that Entourage only syncs a partial amount of the folder and then stops.

I turned on the logging, and I can see that Entourage is trying to sync a "Calendar" item for the folder, but this fails and it terminates the entire folder sync. See log below:

[ 44398us, d 151us] Entourage Calendar: Engine[Exchange folder Archive (2007)]: Error during sync: Error code: -3259 ErrorStr: An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic.
[ 44398us, d 0us] Entourage Exchange Web Services: ---------- Engine: Ending "Exchange folder Archive (2007)" Sync ----------

I don't think the network is a problem. Why is it trying to sync a "Calendar" item in this mail folder?

The problem with this is that it will not go back and try to sync the folder again unless I force it, or restart.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ask a Question