Excel 2008 and hyperlinks

D

dkinpgh

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I migrated an Excel 2007 .xlsx spreadsheet to my new PBP. Even stripped out the pivot tables and recreated them in 2008 as an .xlsx workbook.

The problem is that in Column A of the first sheet in the workbook, i had been using hyperlinks to separate worksheet pages, like an index. when I click on the newly created hyperlink after I've saved and closed the workbook, I get "reference is not valid" when I reopen it - this is not what I expected. I even tried eliminating the spaces between words as was suggested in another posting.

When I follow the steps in the hyperlink drop down box, it links to cell A1 on the page, as I expect it to. When I reopen the workbook and try, I get the Reference is not valid message.

I'd appreciate any thoughts - I've got a couple of hundred separate worksheets in this workbook. (This system worked well in Excel 2007.)

Or, is there a better way to track each separate worksheet?

Thanks,

Don

Ask a Question