Excel 2008 files getting "out of memory" or "cannot save" errors

• Thread starter Michael_Edwards
  • Start date
M

Michael_Edwards

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Greetings -

Based on my searches, I'm not sure I'll get any new answers, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Situation:
A couple of Excel 2008 files, that exist on a share on an Apple Xserve (10.4.11).

The files are both largely just text in cells, with some formatting (outlines and shading). A few dates in cells. Zero formulas, no scripts. They consist of a few screen pages of info each.

The files have never been touched by Windows Excel.

They do each contain one (1) linked, small graphic file (company logo), but the file used started out different for the two files. During troubleshooting, I've since had them update the graphics so they are the same.

Multiple users access the files and save updates to them. Different users will see somewhat different errors but generally either "out of memory" or "cannot save" type messages. Almost all users are using Macbooks, either 10.4 or 10.5 current updates. All are using Office 12.2.3.

I am currently unable to consistently reproduce the issue. I suspect the users see it particularly in these file merely because both are use/updated frequently. Some days users will have no issues, other days they might run into the issue several times a day.

Any one seen similar issues, or have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question