Excel 2016 does not open Excel templates from my bank .

Reaction score
Excel templates that I download from my bank or tax authorities can not be opened with Excel 2016.
Prevouously there were never problems with Excel 2007.
Ruurd Koopmans

Reaction score
What is the file extension? Have you checked to see if you can download a new compatible version of the templates in question?

Reaction score
What is the file extension? Have you checked to see if you can download a new compatible version of the templates in question?

extensions xlsx. and by the way, xls files that I have received from others give the same problem now.
All open up with Exel 2007 without a hitch.

Reaction score
So it doesn't open any templates with a .xlsx extension, or any .xls spreadsheets? What error do you get exactly?

Reaction score
Ah ok, sometimes workbooks created in older versions of Excel are just not compatible with newer versions. Bit frustrating but it can happen. Microsoft have a guide on how to repair a corrupted file which is worth a look:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...workbook-153A45F4-6CAB-44B1-93CA-801DDCD4EA53

If that doesn't work you could always try opening Excel, setting the calculation option to Manual, then try opening the template.

Ask a Question