Excel can't open file

T

thecomisar

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I created an .xlsx file months ago, and I haven't had any problems with it until today. When I try to open it, I get the "Open" dialog box saying it is opening the file, but then another box pops up that says "Excel cannot open the file. The file might have been damaged or modified from its original format."

Is there any way I can repair this file, or perhaps access an earlier version of it that was saved automatically by Excel?

I attached it in an email, and tried to open it from a different computer, but I was still unable to open it. I also tried to upload it to Google Documents, but it says it is unable to read the file.

X

XinXin

Can you please check whether your Office Suite has been fully upgraded? The latest release is 12.2.3. If you still can't open your workbook, you can try open it with Windows XL, and then resave it. If you don't have WinXL, I'd be happy to help ([email protected]).

Thanks,
XinXin
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

Ask a Question