excel - doubling all figures

A

annie_Eastman

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to double all the figures in my spreadsheet? I wrote a budget in US dollars and now I need to see it in Brazilian reals. Brazilian currency is about half of our currency value.

Can I do this? Big thanks!

X

XinXin

One way I can think of is to use the "paste special" feature. One a separate sheet, fill the cells with "2", then copy the data you want to double, and "paste special" to the 2nd sheet with "2". Choose "multiple" in the dialog.

Thanks,
XinXin
Macintosh Business Unit, Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Q

qryn

I maybe know another way, if you are interested:

To make this whole think dynamic I would do the following: If you budget is in sheet A and you want to copy and multiply everything to sheet B. Make one cell in sheet A and enter the exact currency value of the Brazilian REAL 1.69707. let's say it is in cell N33 on Sheet 1.

Now go to Sheet 2 and enter "=(Sheet1!A1)*$N$33" in A1. Then drag and auto fill the rest of the whole page.

If ou now change anything in your budget OR the currency value in Sheet 1, It changes in sheet 2.

Hopefully I'm right.

Good luck.

Ask a Question