Excel is removing Macros from workbook

M

mtatlow

Hello,

I have a workbook.xlsm that when some users open the workbook Excel complains that the Marcos are corrupt and then proceeds to strip out all the Macros from the workbook. I am able to open the file in 2010 and 2013 without any issues.
In both instances the users had a computer that had a fresh install of both windows and Excel.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

J

joeu2004

I have a workbook.xlsm that when some users open the workbook
Excel complains that the Marcos are corrupt and then proceeds
to strip out all the Macros from the workbook. I am able to
open the file in 2010 and 2013 without any issues.
In both instances the users had a computer that had a fresh
install of both windows and Excel.

My guess: the users having trouble have set their macro security too high
(which is the default after a "fresh install"), and they are misinterpreting
the Excel error message and circumstances.

If they are using XL2010, for example, they should click on File, Options,
Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Macro Settings.

I prefer the setting "Disable ... with notification". That gives me full
control.

M

mtatlow

Hello,

I have a workbook.xlsm that when some users open the workbook Excel complains that the Marcos are corrupt and then proceeds to strip out all the Macros from the workbook. I am able to open the file in 2010 and 2013 without any issues.

In both instances the users had a computer that had a fresh install of both windows and Excel.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks joeu2004,

I saw the error messages about the corrupt macros, the security is set for "Disable .... with notification" In both instances Office 2013 was installed first and then the users downgraded to 2010.

W

witek

Hello,

...and in that fresh install somebody forgot to install VBA. It is not
selected be default in some installation packages.

Ask a Question