Excel to Access, then via FrontPage to web

J

jeff otto

I have a single large Excel table that I need to make viewable and filterable on the web by multiple simultaneous users. The filtering needs to be on just a few columns, but each cell in those columns contains multiple terms concatenated together, so the filtering has to be based on text within the cells. Besides outputting cell contents, the output needs to include hyperlinks to thumbnails (or embedded ones).

Is that possible if I create an Access database from an Excel spreadsheet, and put it on the web using FrontPage?

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Spambot Killer ASP.NET Mailto: Hyperlink Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...97-f0235cdcb480/spambot-killer-aspnet-ma.aspx

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Anything is possible,
- if you normalize your Access DB after you import the excel table data
- and are proficient at server side coding

It is not something "wizards" will do for you

--

<jeff otto> wrote in message I have a single large Excel table that I need to make viewable and filterable on the web by multiple simultaneous users. The
filtering needs to be on just a few columns, but each cell in those columns contains multiple terms concatenated together, so the
filtering has to be based on text within the cells. Besides outputting cell contents, the output needs to include hyperlinks to
thumbnails (or embedded ones).

Is that possible if I create an Access database from an Excel spreadsheet, and put it on the web using FrontPage?

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Spambot Killer ASP.NET Mailto: Hyperlink Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...97-f0235cdcb480/spambot-killer-aspnet-ma.aspx

Ask a Question