Exchange Not Connected

D

Dan_Ehrmann

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Periodically throughout the day, Entourage will drop the connection to our Exchange 2000 server. I'll get error messages that the server could not be found. Then at some random time a few minutes later, the server is suddenly found again and everything's fine.

BTW, this is a wired, 100BaseT connection, not wireless. During times where the Exchange server is not found, the rest of the network is working fine, including outside websites.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and know what might be causing it? I can't find any "Connect to Server" option to try and force a reconnection (another missing feature.)

Dan

D

Dan_Ehrmann

Solved the problem. Here is the answer for anyone else experiencing the same issues.

Our office servers are named after gems - Opal, Diamond, Emerald, Topaz, etc. The Exchange server is "Diamond". So in the Entourage account configuration for our Exchange server, I had specified Diamond. Apparently, the DNS lookup for this was not reliable. When I changed this value to the Internal IP address of the server -- 192.168.0.x -- the problem went away.

Ask a Question